[FoxHunt] SEC: UNCLASSIFIED - A 'real' fox

Ellis, Peter R. Peter.Ellis@cbr.defence.gov.au
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:34:34 +1100

Neil and others,

I have a practical 'fox' for you.

While I sit in my shack trying to listen to the new AO-40 satellite on
145.899+-, there is a chirp tone that JUST moves the needle on my IC-260A
(fed from either the quarter-wave or 5/8.

It's about a 1 second interval.

It seems to sit on 145.8995 when I use USB.

Please feel free to walk the streets around my place and find where the
wretched thing lives.

My guess: the timing circuits of a clock in a piece of electronic equipment
in a house nearby.

Is anyone interested in tracking it down?
Would you loan me your equipment and teach me how to do it?

With thanks in anticipation,

Peter Ellis	22 Belconnen Way
VK1KEP	PAGE  ACT

W-62663901