[Techlunch] RF Heater resolution

Dennis Gibson dennis.gibson@anu.edu.au
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:41:41 +1100

Thanks to all who contributed ideas for my 30kW RF heater valve problem.
I have finally made contact with what is left of the manufacturer in the UK
and he has confirmed that the heater has 6 parallel filaments and should
draw about 21A.  Since we are drawing 4A, it is obvious that we have lost
most of the elements.  Unfortunately the valve itself is now obsolete so
a conversion to something newer is in order.

Cheers, Merry Christmas and thanks for your support.
DG

--

Dennis Gibson, Electronics Unit
Research School of Physical Sciences & Engineering

Ph: (02) 6125 2607  [Intl: +61 2 6125 2607]
Fx: (02) 6125 4433  [Intl: +61 2 6125 4433]

Email: dennis.gibson@anu.edu.au

(VK1DG)