[Techlunch] Test - Techlunch working

techlunch at happy.emu.id.au techlunch at happy.emu.id.au
Fri Apr 6 20:32:39 EST 2018

Hi Rob

Yes a Class C IPv4  network (254 devices) is really all you need.

It is probably better to choose a 3rd octet somewhere in the middle
rather than going for 1 or 254.

eg 192.168.178.0/24

Remember leave 0 (the network) and 255 (broadcast) out of your 4th octet
allocations.
Most people reserve lower numbers for static hardware while allowing
DHCP to operate on an upper range say above 128 or 200.

My problems related to trying to double NAT the networks when I really
didn't need to.
Couldn't find much doco either on what I was trying to do, because
that's not how anyone else does it.
These re-configuration processes create much learning! :)

Neil VK1NP