[Vk1tac] Re: Ginini digipeater frequency

Neil Pickford neilp at goldweb.com.au
Wed Dec 21 11:29:25 EST 2005

Hi Phil
Thanks for your query. - Unfortunately it ended up in the spam pile as
you were not subscribed to VK1TAC.
Luckily I spotted it while trashing the 100s of spam messages that get
sent and discarded each week (this is why the VK1TAC list is
subscription based).

The frequency for the Mt. Ginini Digipeater on 2M was 144.800 MHz
unfortunately that equipment has been removed.
It is possible that 144.800 will reappear on Mt. Ginini in the future
(the license still exists) - but not soon.
147.575 and 147.600 are not frequency (intermod) compatible with other
services operating on Mt. Ginini.

There is an APRS wide on 145.175 on Mt. Ginini using 1200 baud packet
Bel 202 tones

At Tidbinbilla tracking station (in the Tidbinbilla valley) there is a
packet gateway VK1DSN on 144.800 MHz at 4800 baud HAPN.

Cheers
Neil Pickford
VK1KNP

vk1tac-bounces at happy.emu.id.au wrote:

 >The attached message has been automatically discarded.
 >

 > Subject:
 > Ginini digipeatr frequency
 > From:
 > "Phil" <phillor at telstra.com>
 > Date:
 > Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:00:40 +1000
 > To:
 > <vk1tac at happy.emu.id.au>
 > To:
 > <vk1tac at happy.emu.id.au>
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > I'm staying in he area for a couple of weeks and try as I may I have
not discovered the frequency (144MHz band) for the Mount Ginini
digipeater. Can you tell me what it is?