I have been getting into stormwater drain and the tree root business this weekend. After getting a plumber in last Thursday He told me to get a back hoe in, anyway I ordered one but I did some hand digging on Saturday and found the extent of the main problem was only 10 metres of roots.
I tested the remainder of the pipe with the hose and it took an hour at full bore without overflowing, however I did hear the water backing up. There are probably more roots in the remaining 30 metres as it goes under a healthy looking bush. At the moment I think this has been enough digging for now. :-)
I have now replaced 4 metres of concrete pipe with 90 mm PVC. I am just waiting now for the concrete to set before connecting the final pieces.
I should hopefully get it working before it rains on Tuesday.
Return to Neil's Home page - or -
This is the external access of this page
This page was last updated on 11/2/2001