[FoxHunt] hello!

Pickford, Neil (DPRS) Neil.Pickford@aph.gov.au
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:27:26 +1100

Hi Again

> Hello!
>
> I am Dimitris, VK1KBN. I have never tried fox hunting before but
> it's something that I always wanted to do. Anyway, I hope the
> first hunt for this season is going to be a success!

I hope it is a success too

> Questions now. :) Firstly, what sort of equipment are we going to
> use? I only have my FT-50R here in Australia..

You need a directional antenna, an attenuator and probably a sniffer
for when you get close.
All of these are available from the start location near the skate bowl
just before the hunt starts.

> Is the fox going to
> be hidden in walking distance from the griffin centre?

Since you have asked, I will make it walking distance from the start
location.  In fact we will probably run 2 hunts on foot this time.

Neil Pickford