[Vk1tac] Reecommended APRS station configuration?

Owen Duffy vk1tac@happy.emu.id.au
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:04:14 +1100

Peter, or anyone else in the know,

It might be helful to understand the main configuration parameters that
are recommended for stations participating in the shared APRS channel.

It seems to me that there are four broad types of stations that would
probably operate with significantly different characteristics:

- RELAY
- WIDE
- Mobile
- Home station
- Igate node

For each of these categories, is there a recommended:

- UNPROTO path;
- Avg information field length;
- average number of packets per hour;

In relation to the digi nodes, these characteristics would relate the
packets originated by the node, not those repeated by the node.

Did I miss any key parameters or station types?

Owen