[Vk1tac] Ref all the changes

Bell, Paul vk1tac@happy.emu.id.au
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:01:33 +1000

Good point Dik,

However, it would be should be possible to co-site the 2m beacon
(144.410 MHz very narrow band transmission and horizontally polarised)
with the 144.800 MHz packet using only a few cavities as the two
services will be on separate antenna feeds anyway, and the beacon won't
have a receiver to protect from Tx noise emmitted by the packet device.

The same applies to the 432 MHz beacon plus the fact that for now at
least, there is over 2 MHz separation between the beacon Txer and the
packet Rxer on 434.550 MHz. However, should we ever have a radical
change in the 70 cm band plan with the adoption of a 5.4 MHz split along
with a band reduced to 10 MHz wide then we would need to insert a few
cans to keep the beacon out of the packet Rxer. Once again however, the
two services would be on separate antenna feeds and be cross polarised.

Good antenna isolation should be relatively easy to achieve at Bulls
Head as the beacon aerials would be on the tower top for omni
directional coverage whereas the other services will have side mounting
dipole arrays on the eastern tower face.

More food for thought.

Regards,

Paul VK1BX.