[Vk1tac] Ref all the changes

vk1tac@happy.emu.id.au vk1tac@happy.emu.id.au
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:41:01 +1000

Another minor thought is that Bulls Head was suggested as a possible/useful
beacon site so freq allocations shouldn't exclude transmitters on 144.410,
432.410 and 1296.410 (without needing the jam factory!)
73's dik

Richard Elliott - ICON Project Manager
Ph 6261 2842  - Fax 6261 1100

                      Paul F Bell
                      <blakenbell@bigpo         To:      vk1tac@happy.emu.id.au
                      nd.com>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject: Re: [Vk1tac] Ref all the changes
                      vk1tac-admin@happ
                      y.emu.id.au

                      09/06/2003 05:57
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      vk1tac

Hi Phil, and  everyone else,

Thanks for the info regarding the APRS structure.

I've no idea what's happening regarding "Standard" packet, whatever
standard packet is these days,1200, 4800 or 9600 baud. However, 144.800 MHz
will not co-site with 145.175 MHz without more cans than a jam factory so
that rules out Black Mountain Tower, even if our benefactor allows us to
put yet another installation there. We did seek permission didn't we?

That only leaves Bulls Head or Black Hill if we are to use existing
Divisional sites. Bulls Head is easy access but has some licencing issues
to resolve whereas Black  Hill will require some delicate negotiations. We
may have a trump card to play in any negotiations for Black Hill in that I
believe the packet people at Tid. are desirous of a packet installation on
the Hill. It may be plausible to negotiate to co-site the LIPD spectrum
439.550 / 434.550 MHz repeater with the 144.800 MHz unit which would make
for a nice arrangement. The only ongoing problem with Black Hill is site
access for maintenance purposes. Bulls Head wins hands down here. My vote
would be to get a licence for Bulls Head and stick everything there.

Any body else have any thoughts on the matter?

Regards,
Paul.