[Techlunch] Line speaker transformer

techlunch at happy.emu.id.au techlunch at happy.emu.id.au
Wed Aug 26 00:45:56 EST 2015

Hi Bill

I had a look through DSE catalogues from 1979-2001 and was unable to
find this model number in any of them.
Now there is a M-2840 in pretty much all of them but this is a 240V to
9V CT 150 mA 1.4VA.

The standard fare for an audio Transformer thru all these catalogues is
a M-1100 with 2.5 & 5k primary (70 & 100V) Plus tapped secondaries for
2, 4, 8, 16 Ohms power rating 4W.

Could it have been an Altronics product?

At a pinch put an audio signal generator in one side and measure the
other side volts.
Should be able to work out the turns ratio at least this way.

Neil VK1NP