[Techlunch] Line speaker transformer

techlunch at happy.emu.id.au techlunch at happy.emu.id.au
Wed Aug 26 09:55:11 EST 2015

M2480 sounds like a mains transformer.
100V line transformer are usually pair of wires on The low Z (8ohms)
On the primary three spade terminals marked c  common, 5k/2.5W, 2.5k/5.0W typical.
I have only seen wires on both sides of 100V line transformers for high power transformers 30W

Sent from my iPad

> On 25 Aug 2015, at 9:38 pm, techlunch at happy.emu.id.au wrote:
> Dear gentle folk,
> Does anyone have an old (real old) Dick Smith catalogue? You know, the ones that used to have real information in them!!
> I have a couple of transformers, which I'm pretty sure are 70V/ 100V / 8Ω.  The stock item number is M-2480.
> The 8Ω side is obvious, but there are 3 wires on the HV side, so not sure exactly how its configured!!
> cheers
> Bill
> _______________________________________________
> Techlunch mailing list - mailto:Techlunch at happy.emu.id.au
> http://happy.emu.id.au/mailman/listinfo/techlunch

More information about the Techlunch mailing list